How to Promote a Webinar on LinkedIn
You’ve created the perfect webinar and are ready to promote it. But how? There are so many different ways to spread the word, but one platform stands out for webinar promotions— LinkedIn.
With over 875 million users, you can be sure that your message will reach a large and engaged audience eager for the content you offer. Here are some easy ways how to promote a webinar on LinkedIn.
Draft a Compelling LinkedIn Webinar Post
Drafting a compelling blog post is just the start of your successful webinar journey. It’s essential to include engaging visuals, high-quality images, and persuasive copy in all your posts. Emojis or symbols can also add personality to your post and help attract more viewers.
The goal should be to catch people’s attention while scrolling through their feeds. To do so—
- Ensure all elements of the post. Include title, text, and visuals that follow one consistent theme and message.
- Keep it simple but effective. Your design should fit into the aesthetic of LinkedIn while still maintaining a unique look.
- Remember that length does matter. Aim for 150 words, as anything longer can become difficult for viewers to consume.
And when choosing the content topics for your webinar promotion post, consider what information would be most relevant and valuable for your target audience.
Focus on providing value rather than trying to promote yourself or your product. Provide also helpful information, such as tips for establishing a community presence. Finally, conclude with a call to action, like following you on your social media platforms.
Join Relevant LinkedIn Groups to Your Webinar Topic
Joining relevant LinkedIn groups is an excellent way to promote your webinar topic. Likewise, to find new people who might have an interest in attending.
By actively engaging with group members through comments, you can build relationships that lead to more promotion. It’s also a great way to gain insights into potential attendees’ needs and interests before, during, and after the webinar.
To join relevant LinkedIn groups, you must—
- Search for related topics within the LinkedIn group directory.
- Once you find one that’s a good fit, click join the group to become a member.
- Start participating by commenting on posts or uploading content related to your topic.
- Take advantage of the group’s features, like LinkedIn lead gen forms, paid media, and LinkedIn ads.
Another benefit of joining relevant LinkedIn groups is gaining access to industry experts.
Perhaps, you may find someone willing to offer their advice or even support your event as a speaker. And if you host a Q&A session during your webinar, these same experts may answer questions from attendees.
Reach Out to Influencers
An influencer marketing campaign can grow awareness and increase the size of your audience. By partnering with them, you may boost your webinar registration numbers. Or even have the opportunity to amplify your message beyond organic reach.
When reaching out to influencers, it’s essential to keep several things in mind, such as:
- Ensure the influencer’s content is relevant to the topic of your webinar.
- Tailor your messaging to resonate with the influencer’s audience and personal brand.
- Give them the material they can use when sharing the webinar on their channels, including logos or banners.
You also have various options when it comes to working with influencers, including:
- Making sponsored content
- Creating your next webinar content together
- Having them promote your webinar landing page
Whichever option you choose, ensure that you speak about any expectations and deadlines up front. This way, both parties know what they can expect from one another. And that everyone understands the timeline of events leading up to the event date.
Hashtags provide an easy way to categorize content quickly. From there, it could be more accessible for people to find the topics they’re interested in.
Utilizing hashtags related to your webinar can increase visibility, engagement, and attendance. And in choosing hashtags, select ones that are—
- Popular. Since more people are likely to be searching for that hashtag and will thus see your post.
- Relevance. Ensure that users who click on the hashtag are actually into the topic at hand.
Aside from using specific hashtags related to your webinar, you should also consider adding industry-related hashtags. Doing so can make your post even more visible, as people may see it through these other tags.
Likewise, using hashtags in your promotion efforts also allows you to—
- Join in on conversations about industry-specific topics and trends relevant to your webinar.
- Help increase legitimacy and awareness for your brand.
Moreover, you can use this same tactic on social media platforms like Instagram. How? Just simply use a few different relevant hashtags on each platform to maximize exposure.
Lastly, hashtags are an effective yet disparate webinar promotion tactic that can help bring attention. And can drive attendance for your upcoming event or project launch.
So don’t forget— hashtags are an excellent tool for taking advantage of when promoting a webinar!