How do I create anchors for links?
Anchors are typically used when you want a link on a page to take you to a specific section on that same page. You will often see them used on FAQ pages. This article demonstrates this process using the new CKEditor. If you are using the old FCKEditor, you can switch to the new editor under Settings > Store Settings.
To set up an anchor:
- In your CoreCommerce admin, browse to the editor in the content page, product, or category you want to add the anchor to
- Place your cursor before or after the text where you want to place the anchor, and then in the third row of the editor, click on the "Anchor" icon
- In the pop up, give the anchor a name and then click OK
- Now highlight the text you want to link, and click the Link icon
- In the pop up, change the Link Type to "Link to anchor in the text"
- In the "By Anchor Name" drop down, choose the anchor you want to tie to the link
- Click OK, then repeat these steps for any more anchors you want to set up.
- Publish/save your page and you're done!