How do I add Facebook Like button to my homepage or sidebar?
You already provide the Facebook Like button on the product pages, but how do I add it to my homepage, sidebar, or template files?
Adding the Facebook Like button to your homepage, sidebar, header, or footer requires that you get the code from Facebook.
If you want to add it to your homepage:
- In your CoreCommerce admin, hover over the Site Content tab
- Click on Manage Homepage
- You will need to add the code to the Body editor. Before you do so, click the "Source" button in the upper left corner, than paste in the code where you want it to display on the page.
- Publish and you're done!
If you want to add it to your sidebar:
- In your admin, hover over Site Content
- Click on Manage Image Widgets
- Choose which image widget you want to add the button to, or click the "Add New List" button to create your own
- If creating a new widget, give it a name, then click "Add More"
- Paste the Facebook code into "Text/Code" box
- Make sure the other settings are how you want them, then Save
- Hover over Design and click on Sidebar Widgets
- From the "Select a Category" drop-down, choose "Custom Image Widgets" and drag your widget to the left or right sidebar
If you want to add it to the header or footer:
- You will need to be familiar with HTML
- In your admin, hover over Design and click Advanced Options
- Edit the header or footer files, whichever you want to add the code to