How do I enable Facebook Connect (Facebook Login) on my site?
Last Updated -
If you enable the Facebook Connect feature, your customers can use their Facebook login to sign into your store. To activate this feature, follow these steps:
- Log in to your CoreCommerce admin area
- Hover over the Settings link in the upper right corner and click on Plug-In Apps
- In the leftsive navigation, click the Facebook tab
- Set the Facebook Connect Integration to ON
- Click the Save button to save the changes.
Once this has been enabled, your customers will see a new tab that says Login with Facebook when they access the Login page on your site. They can click on that tab and then use their Facebook information to sign into your store, which will create a customer account for them. If they are already logged into Facebook, it will automatically log them in to your store when they click the Login with Facebook tab.
If login is set to required or optional in your Checkout Settings, Facebook Connect will also display on the Checkout page.
Please note that if you are using a dedicated SSL, you must create your own Facebook app. You will need to make sure that "I want to use my own Facebook app" is turned on and then follow the directions here.