Setting Up Google Analytics
Last Updated -
Google Analytics is a free analytics tool that helps you track visitors and conversions on your store. To set up Google Analytics, you will need to create a free Google Account. To view our training video click here
- Sign into or create your Google Analytics Account.
- Click , then click › .
- Complete the form, then select .
- Copy the tracking code provided on the following page. Be sure to copy the entire code, beginning with and ending with .
- In the CoreCommerce admin panel go to Settings->Plugin Settings->Google Analytics.
- In the Google Analaytics field, past in your code
- Save your changes
Ecommerce tracking will allow you to track your conversions with Google Analytics. You must have a Dedicated SSL to use this feature. Note that this feature does not work across multiple domains.
- In your Google Analytics account, go to › › .
- Under , toggle the status to . Click .
- Leave set to . Click .
- In CoreCommerce Go to Settings->Plugin Settings->Google Analytics enable Ecommerce Tracking
Excluding Referrals From Hosted Payment Gateways
- To avoid transactions made through a Hosted Gateway such as Paypal appearing as referrals through Google Analytics, you will need to add the payment gateway to your .
- In your Google Analytics Account, go to › › › .
- Enter the domain of your payment gateway (e.g. paypal.com) under .
- Click .
- For any additional domains you need to exclude, click .