Donation Style Product
Last Updated -
You can create a donation type product using personalizations. Here is how to set it up:
- Log in to to your Corecommerce Admin Panel
- Click on Inventory (left-hand menu) and click Manage Products
- Add or edit a product
- Click the Variants tab at the top
- You'll want to create a personalization. For the Question, enter in a label, such as "Donation Amount"
- For the display type, choose Donation
- Once it saves, you should see your new personalization question in the left menu. Click on that.
- Now it will show you the question, and give you the ability to create an answer.
- Even for the Donation display, you must create an answer, so input something in the Answer field (it doesn't really matter what - the customer won't see it on their end)
- Make sure the question is set to Required and Enabled
- Click Save
- Now go look at the product on the front end. You will see your question with a text field next to it. If the customer types 5.00 into that field and clicks the "Add to Cart" button, it will add that to cart for $5.00 plus the base price of the product itself.