Godaddy SSL Installation
Last Updated -
We have teamed up with GoDaddy to provide you with one of the best SSL offers available. You can get an SSL for as low as $43 per year (3-year certificate). One and two-year options are also available. We also offer a special installation price of $99 for any GoDaddy SSL if the certificate is purchased thru our affiliate link. Please keep in mind that this installation fee will be applied every time your SSL is renewed, so we recommend choosing 3+ years when you purchase your SSL.
To purchase and install an SSL:
- Log in to your CoreCommerce admin
- Click on Username link in the upper right corner and click on Services
- Click on Secure Certificate (if this does not display, you will first need to add a domain under > Domains)
- Near the top of the page, you will see a paragraph about our special SSL deal with GoDaddy. Click the "here" link to purchase an SSL. If you want to purchase an SSL from us, you will need to create a new account—you cannot use an existing GoDaddy account.
- If you haven't done so already, fill out the form in your CoreCommerce admin under Username > Services > Secure Certificate. This will generate a support ticket, which you will see in your open tickets under Username > My Tickets. A support tech will respond back to the ticket with the CSR, which you must input when setting up your SSL. (Please note that the SSL setup is done through the CoreCommerce SSL site, and not through GoDaddy itself.)
- After you have purchased the SSL, click the My Account button or link to manage your products.
- Click on the SSL Certificates section under the Products tab to expand it
- Click the Set Up button next to your SSL
- Choose the domain/credit and click Set Up again
- Refresh your Products page and go back to SSL Certificates
- Click the Launch button
- Choose Third Party as the host type and paste in the CSR that you received from CoreCommerce. Choose your Signature algorithm type (SHA2).
- Click Next
- It should say it's validated. Click Next.
- Verify the information is correct, then click Next.
- You'll receive a message saying your certificate will be issued shortly. You will receive an email once the authentication process is complete. When done, click Finished.
- When you receive the SSL email, click the link to download your certificate. It will bring you back to your control panel.
- Click the Certificates link to the left. Then select the domain name and click the Download icon above.
- In the pop-up that appears, choose Apache* for the server type and then click Download. A zip file will be downloaded to your computer.
- In your CoreCommerce admin, find the SSL Installation ticket (Under > My Tickets) and reply back to the ticket with the zip file attached. Typically the certificate will be installed within 24 hours.
* You may be presented with multiple Apache choices. Some possibilities include but are not limited to "Apache + OpenSSL" [or just "Open"], "Apache + MOD SSL" [or just "MOD"], "Apache + Raven" [or just "Raven"], "Apache + SSLeay" [or just "SSLeavy"], "Apache 2", "Apache + ApacheSSL" [or just "ApacheSSL"]. If this happens, keep in mind that CoreCommerce uses Apache + OpenSSL so you should select the "Apache + OpenSSL" or just "Open" option.