Print UPS Labels
Last Updated -
The first step in configuring the CoreCommerce admin panel to print UPS labels is to obtain an API Access key from UPS.
To request an Access Key:
- Go to ups.com and log in with your User ID and password. If you do not have a UPS.com User ID and password, click on the New User link at the top of the page and follow the prompts to complete the registration process. If you have already registered for My UPS.com, we recommend you create a new user ID and password for use with UPS Developer APIs.
- Hover over the Support tab near the top of the page and then click on Technology Support.
- Click the "UPS Developer Kit" link, located in the Tools and Resources section.
- Click on the "Request an access key link," located in the How to Get Started section.
- Complete the Secondary Contact Information section.
- Select the account number you wish to associate with the Access Key.
- If you do not have a UPS account number click the Open a UPS Account link.
- If you already have a UPS account number but it is not listed, click the Add a UPS Account link.
- Click the Request Access Key button.
- The access key and the access type for each Developer API will be displayed. This information will also be emailed to you.
Once you have the Access Key, you can set up the label printing in your CoreCommerce admin panel:
- Log in to the admin panel of your online store.
- Click on Settings > Shipping Settings > Configure Real-Time Carriers
- Turn Do you use real-time shipping rates, order tracking, or label printing? > YES
- Make sure UPS has a checkmark
- Save and Continue
- Register (or Re-register) and be sure to select "Yes" when it asks if you are planning on using label printing or negotiated rates. Input your Access Key and ups.com login information in the new fields that appear.
- When done, click the Next button, and you can then continue to configure UPS any further if need be. At this point, you should be ready to print labels.