Add a New Domain (Get Rid of Temporary CoreCommerce URL)
Last Updated -
When you sign up with CoreCommerce, you receive a free domain, a domain that looks something like this: http://mystorename.corecommerce.com. Oftentimes, businesses want to purchase their own domain name, so that visitors can access the site using a URL that does not include CoreCommerce, such as simply www.mystorename.com. To get rid of the .corecommerce.com part of the URL you are automatically assigned upon signing up with CoreCommerce, you will need to purchase your own domain name and then add it to your site. You can purchase a domain name quickly and easily through the CoreCommerce admin panel, or you may wish to use the domain registrar of your choice. Once you have purchased the domain, here is how to add the domain name to your CoreCommerce site:
- Log in to the admin panel of your online store.
- Hover over the Account link in the upper right corner and click on Domains.
- Click Add Domain if you have one already; new domains may be purchased by clicking the Purchase New Domain button.
- Next you will receive further on-screen instructions. These include pointing the DNS settings for your domain to our DNS.
- Once the DNS change has propagated, you will need to hover over the name of your domain and then over the gear icon on the right.
- Choose Change Store URL to switch your store from the temporary URL to the domain.
- If you need further assistance on changing the DNS, please contact support.