Transfer a Purchased Domain to CoreCommerce
Last Updated -
In order to switch from the domain provided by CoreCommerce to the domain you have purchased, there are a couple of steps. The first is the change the domain's name servers (DNS). To change the domain's name servers:
- Locate your domain registrar you used to purchase your domain from the list below and click on the link provided to access instructions on changing the name server. If the registrar you used is not listed, simply contact the company for instructions.
- Note: Domain propagation can take up to 72 hours.
Once your domain name has propagated and you want to set your CoreCommerce store to using your domain name here is what you would need to do:
- Log in to the admin panel of your online store.
- Hover over the Settings link in the top right.
- Click the Domains link.
- Hover your cursor over your domain name and there should be a gear icon appear on the right.
- Move your cursor over the gear and a menu will appear.
- Move the cursor over the Change Store URL. and a sub menu will appear.
- Choose whether or not you would like the use of the www or not, the screen will refresh saying your domain has been updated.
- This will make the CoreCommerce store start using your domain name instead of the temporary one that was assigned to your store when you signed up for the account.