Set Up Low Inventory or Out of Stock Email Notifications
Last Updated -
If you'd like to receive an email notification when stock quantities are low or depleted:
- Log in to the admin panel of your online store.
- Click in the upper right corner and click on Inventory Settings.
- Click Inventory Tracking tab.
- Make sure that Inventory Tracking is set to "Enabled."
- Below the "Send Low Inventory Email Notification To..." field, enter the email addresses you would like notifications to be sent to.
- When done, click Save.
To set inventory for your products:
- Click on Inventory (left-hand menu) and click on Manage Products.
- Hover over the gear icon at the right of the product list and click on Edit > General Info.
- Click the Inventory tab.
- Set Track Inventory to "By Product."
- Enter the current "Inventory Level" and the "Low Inventory Notify Level," which when reached, will prompt the system to send out an automatic email letting you know the inventory level is low (or out of stock).
- If you are using variants (options or personalizations), you will be able to set an Inventory Level and a Low Inventory Notify Level for each option set or personalization.
- When done, click Save. You can manually set the level for each product in the admin, or you can update them via product import file.