Configure Sales Tax (United States)
Last Updated -
How to Configure US Sales Tax (State, County or Zip Level sales tax)
- Login to your store's admin panel.
- Click on > then select Sales Tax Wizard.
- Choose "State, Counties, Zipcodes or Salestax.com ( please note salestax.com is a paid service)
- Depending on which one you choose you will fill out the tax information on how you would like to collect taxes.
- Note: If you see a list of Canadian Provinces -OR- US States, submit a ticket to tech support so they can change your tax country to use your country (and specify which country you live in) under > Create Ticket.
- Review your entries and once you are satisfied, click Save and Continue.
Log in to your CoreCommerce Admin Panel.
- If you wish to mark all products as taxable, go back to > Sales Tax Wizard and click the "Make All Products Taxable" link near the bottom of the page. You can also use the product import /export tool to batch update your products if you need to make a lot of different changes to your products.
- Click on Inventory (left-hand menu).
- Click on Manage Products.
- Choose a product on your list of products and click the Edit / Gear Icon itself.
- Make sure you are on the General Info tab.
- Under the Basic Info header, ensure that this product is "Taxable (On or Off)."
- Make sure you click Save.