The mobile app development industry is equipped with abundant frameworks. It has Flutter, NativeScript, Xamarin, JQuery, React Native, and many more. All of these tools provide a prominent development experience in building outstanding applications. And into this world, Vue Native has stepped as a newcomer that has initiated around 2,500 projects within days of its launch on GitHub.
Let’s have a look at Vue Native vs NativeScript.
Key Features of Vue Native
- Has declarative rendering: meaning variables render immediately even they have different values.
- Supports Two-way binding: instantly reflects all changes in snippet’s output, without needing to write additional code.
- Has Reusable UI Components:helps you reuse the existing designs and templates to let developers focus more on business logic and save some time.
Since Vue Native works as a wrapper around React Native, all the React Native components can be easily incorporated into the applications with rich library support. Additionally, Vue Native is greatly lauded by the developers because of its clear and small code which is easy to read, write and perceive.
Applications developed using Native Script are fully native that use the same APIs as those developed in AndroidStudio or Xcode.
Key Features of Native Script
- Accessibility: It offers accessibility to reuse free plugins, CoocaPods, and Android SDKs.
- Friendly CLI: It has a developer-friendly Command-line interface (CLI) which lets the developers do a wide range of things from adding and deploying apps to a particular device or platform.
Vue Native Vs Native Script: Which OneIs Better?
Vue Native and Native Script both fall into the category of ‘Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development. Vue Native acts as a wrapper around React Native APIs that result in remarkable native apps. With Vue Native, React Native and Vue.js development services together let developers use the best of their features and develop UI-rich apps.
- Performance Comparison
Measuring performance becomes extremely important when building large and complex projects. When it comes to building native apps, React/Vue Native and Native Script have two main differences based on their performance-
- Vue Native offers a faster rendering UI than Native Script thanks to the virtual Document Object Model (DOM).
- Vue Native performs more natively than Native Script.
- Pros and Cons Comparison
Both Vue Native and Native Script have their benefits and drawbacks. Let’s take a look.
Pros of Vue Native
- Improved app performance through native controls and modules.
- Simple UI development
- Faster app development
- High performance with hassle-free debugging
- Has a huge Developer community
Cons of Vue Native
- Changes in the manual data processing
- Documentation is poorly written
Pros of Native Script
- Apps can also be built on remote servers.
- Native UI can be easily rendered even without WebViews.
- Offers direct access to all APIs.
- With a single codebase, it is easy to write and load apps on Android and iOS platforms.
- Native Script updates its features and versions along with the newest versions of OS.
Cons of Native Script
- Does not support HTML or DOM.
- Absence of in-built UI collection.
- Documentation does not have all the updates related to Native Script.
- It is difficult to share code during the app development process.
Plugins and Libraries
Native Script’s official website has plugins available for Native Script. This feature lacks in React Native. It has to rely on third-party plugins from outside sources like repositories and GitHub. This downside of React Native leads to more development costs and time.
Native Script has its native libraries that it derives from plugins, whereas the situation is quite different in the case of React Native. It has component libraries like MaterialKit React Native or Native Base to build native apps.
The Verdict- Which Framework to Choose?
Vue Native and Native Script both have set of strengths and challenges. Vue Native has more benefits than Native Script in terms of performance and development. Another advantage of choosing VueNative over Native Script is its ability to build larger and heavier apps with intricate business logic. However, the final decision on choosing the best framework between Vue Native vs NativeScriptdepends upon your goals, time frames, and development approaches.
Chandresh Patel is a CEO, Agile coach and founder of Bacancy Technology. His truly entrepreneurial spirit, skillful expertise and extensive knowledge in the Agile software development services has helped the organisation to achieve new heights of success. Chandresh is fronting the organisation into global markets in a systematic, innovative and collaborative way to fulfill custom software development needs and provide optimum quality services.