Digital consumers always look for real-time solutions, and to meet this requirement, live chat software has become an integral part of leveling up your customer services. About 79% of consumers prefer live chat over any other support channel.
However, finding the best live chat software for your business is always challenging. Options and feature-wise, there are tons of live chat tools, from simple live chat apps to full-fledged customer support platforms.
But, which one is actually for you?
In this blog, we will talk about the 10 best live chat software solutions for eCommerce websites, including their features and pricing.
Let’s dig in.
What is Live Chat and why is it important?
Live chat is a form of communication that helps online businesses or eCommerce websites offer instant customer service and support online. Customers can easily have text-based online conversations with the support teams and instantly receive answers to their queries. All you have to do is implement a live chat tool or the chatbox on the website that connects you with the visitors in real-time.
According to eConsultancy, 73% of customers are highly satisfied with the live chat customer service channel over email and phone. Another report by Kayako says, 95% of customers value high-quality support more than speed.
In terms of consumer preferences, a poor customer experience can adversely impact your sales, impressions, or even you can lose your customers. Adding a live chat support tool can resolve these issues for sure and, at the same time, increase sales, boost conversion rates simultaneously.
However, a lot of it depends on the live chat software that you use.
Must-have Features of a Live Chat Tool
While thinking of a long-term solution for your eCommerce website, you need a tested yet easy-to-use live chat tools that help you make more sales. A detailed understanding of what the best live chat software should have might be helpful. Isn’t it?
Let’s see the must-have features of live chat tools should have,
Easy-to-Use: No matter who is your users are, they always look for an easy onboarding and simple user experience. If a live chat tool is not easy to use, anyone will lose interest in using it.
Value for money: There are plenty of choices, including the free options, but you have to look for the best one that fulfills your feature needs.
Automated reply: Using pre-populated saved answers that can be used during the conversation can indeed reduce response time and increase productivity.
Customization: Select a live chat tool that can let you customize every aspect of communication, including icons, emoji, company logo, notification sound, and more.
Real-time monitoring: Real-time monitoring gets you an idea about your visitor’s behavior, understand traffic patterns, and identifies some sort of problems.
Contact forms: Provide contact forms for customers to submit more detailed information.
Chatbot: Your live chat software should be equipped with a chatbot. When no agent is online, It will enable your business to automate the support process.
Integrations: Make sure your live chat platform can allow you to use multiple integrated apps such as CRM, CMS, help desk, knowledge base, social media, and so on.
Mobile Application: Look for live chat service providers that offer mobile apps both for android and ios users. To reach your customers fast, this is the most convenient option.
10 Best Live Chat software and tools
It is time to introduce you to the 10 best live chat software that can increase your customer engagement.
ThriveDesk is the lightest live chat software designed specifically for e-commerce websites. With the built-in features like an instant reply from the knowledge base, file sharing from chat widget, relative emoji, satisfactory survey, report of your e-commerce sales tracking, and real-time monitoring make your live chat more lively.
ThriveDesk assistant is more than just a live chat. You can easily customize the colors, add company logos, and change the notification’s sound, reflecting your own preferences. Also monitor customer’s total order value, all-encompassing complete order details with ThriveDesk’s WooCommerce integration. All in all, you can count on ThriveDesk live chat, a perfect Zendesk alternative so far.
- Shared inbox for real-time team collaboration
- Automated reply to respond ASAP.
- Satisfaction rating system for customers.
- Conversation history support to help make the support flawless.
- Webhooks allow for posting data to the server with ease.
- Compatibility with other web services.
- Extensive customization option.
- Community forum support.
- Multiple integrations.
ThriveDesk is apparently a helpdesk software that provides Shared Inbox, Live Chat, Reporting, Community, Knowledge Base, WooCommerce Integration all-inclusive at a single price.
Starter: $15/month for up to 5 users
Pro: $79/month for up to unlimited users
LiveAgent is one of the leading omnichannel live chat software, including email ticketing, live chat, video chat, time tracking, call center, and more. With a demonstrative history in the chat market, it provides an all-in-one solution similar to Zendesk chat and others.
You can easily use LiveAgent with your existing support desk system with seamless integrations of WordPress and other popular website builders. They also integrate with top email marketing services, CRMs, and other marketing platforms as well.
- Voice and video calling features
- View customer’s typing text
- Proactive chat invitations
- Website monitoring feature
- Live chat widget customization settings
- Monitor visitors in real-time
- Integrate all communication channels such as Gmail, Twitter, Slack, Facebook
Ticket+Chat: €24.80 ($29) per month
All-Inclusive: €33.35 ($39) per month
If you’re looking for an extremely easy-to-use and intuitive solution to engage with your website visitors, check out Hiver’s Live Chat widget.
Hiver helps you manage email and live chat support from Gmail’s familiar interface. With Hiver’s chat widget, assign customer chats to specific agents and track them till the point of resolution. Share chat transcripts with relevant team members to loop them in on customer queries or ask for help. Make use of custom-built chat templates for recurring customer queries so that you can send out faster responses.
The best part about Hiver’s live chat is that your support team doesn’t have to spend time and effort learning any new software as it fits intuitively within Gmail.
- Seamless integration of email support and live chat right inside Gmail
- Assign customer chats to support reps – establish accountability across the team.
- Custom-built chat templates for recurring issues
- Warning emails when support reps fail to adhere to SLA policies
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) surveys that you can trigger at the end of customer chats to collect feedback.
- Lite plan: $15 per month per user per month
- Pro plan: $39 per month per user per month
- Elite plan: $59 per month per user per month
HubSpot Live Chat is another CRM software (customer relationship management) from HubSpot. This software is user-friendly and loaded with various useful features other than being just a regular medium for contact management. HubSpot live chat is free software with a built-in chatbot builder. But there will also be other things that HubSpot has to offer to help you out.
- Customize the chat widget to match your brand’s colors and look
- Welcome messages for different pages and audience segments
- Automatic Conversation saved option
- Integration with HubSpot chatbot builder
Starter: $45 per month per agent, billed annually.
Professional: $800 per month per agent, billed annually
Enterprise: $3200 per month per agent, billed annually
ZenDesk, a very well-known software specialized in customer service and sales CRM (Customer Relationship Management), including live chat. Since its release in 2007, ZenDesk has been really popular, serving 119,000 paid customers from over 150 countries, according to the record of 2017.
- Anticipate customer questions
- Automate your responses with a chatbot
- Offer anytime, anywhere responses with mobile chat app
- Chat routing to help customers find answers faster
- Multiple chat customization settings
Suite Team: $49 per month per agent, billed annually
Suite Growth: $79 per month per agent, billed annually
Suite Professional: $99 per month per agent, billed annually
LiveChat is one of the best customer service software with features like online chat, web analytics, etc. ever since. LiveChat has a bunch of useful features which can increase your online sales and improve customer service rapidly. This very software has over 30,000 paid customers from over 150 countries.
- Targeted messages for specific visitor behavior
- Chat ratings for individual operators
- Branding and customization settings
- In-built ticketing system
- File sharing during an ongoing conversation
Starter: $16 per month per agent, billed annually
Team: $33 per month per agent, billed annually
Business: $50 per month per agent, billed annually
Enterprise: You have to contact LiveChat in order to know the price
Intercom, a CRP (Conversational Relationship Platform) software, helps you with canned messages and increases customer engagement through a messenger-based experience. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Intercom has been one of the best live chat software in the market since 2011. It had 100,000 monthly active users in 2017 and 30,000 paying customers in 2018.
- Offers a customizable chatbot f
- Showcases help center articles in the chat widget
- 250+ integrations out-of-the-box and APIs for custom integrations
- In-depth team performance reports
Start plan – $59/user/month
Grow plan – $119/5 user/month
Crisp, also known as Crisp Chat, is a well-known live chat software for shared inbox, which can centralize all sorts of conversation from various platforms. This live chat platform can bring messages from email, Facebook Messenger, Twitter DM, SMS, etc. to a single inbox.
- Extensive customization option
- Language and position customization for the widget
- Shared inbox for Facebook Messenger, Email, Twilio, LINE, WhatsApp, etc.
- The real-time message translation feature
- Video and audio call capabilities
Basic: Free forever, includes 2 seats
Pro: $25 per month, includes 4 seats
Unlimited: $95 per month, includes unlimited seats
Tidio Live Chat is another widely known customer communication product that supports live chat, messenger, emails, and many more. It offers effortless and effective online communication while engaging your customers and visitors and automating your work to grow your business. Tidio live chat is very easy to set up as the whole process might take up to 3 minutes.
- Live chat automation features using AI
- Track the sources of your traffic
- Integrate with popular CRMs, Shopify, WordPress, Messenger, and more
- Mobile live chat app, desktop app, and browser widget
Free: Free forever, consists of up to 3 operators
Chatbots: $18 per month, includes all active chatbots
Communicator: $18 per month, includes live typing and additional chat operators for $10 per seat
Mailing: $10 per month, provides mailing templates and many more
Freshdesk Messaging is one of the separate products offered by the Freshdesk team. Freshchat live chat solution helps you engage with customers over chat through various channels so that your teams can focus on a continuous and context-driven messaging experience. Including a chatbot powered by AI, it can deliver ready answers before handing them over to a live agent.
- Automate support queue with a chatbot
- Set proactive campaigns to reach customers before they do for support
- Offer multi-lingual support in 30+ languages to customers
- Set up self-service to help customers find answers with in-built FAQs
- Perform bulk actions for multiple conversations such as add, edit, or delete in one go
Free: No charges applied
Growth: $15 per agent per month
Pro: $39 per agent per month
Enterprise: $69 per agent per month
Userlike live chat support solution is one of the best complete solutions, with features like chat automation, voice, and video calls, customizable branding, multi-language, email management, and so on. They offer a free plan of 1 chat widget with unlimited conversations; however, if you need to access more chat widgets with advanced features, you can go for the upper plan.
- Website Messenger
- Connection with WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Threema, and SMS
- Full customization to tailor to your web design
- Multi-language support
- Audio calls
- Live translation
- Connect a chatbot
- AI/Machine Learning
- Canned Responses
- Communication Management
- Customer Service Analytics
Team: $90 (includes 4 agents and 4 widgets)
Corporate: $290 (includes 10 agents and 10 widgets)
Business: $720 (includes 20 agents and 20 widgets)
Adding live chat software to your eCommerce website is always a great idea as customers often tend to feel more comfortable using it. Live chat helps you improve retention, increase engagement, and boost revenue for your business.
So, which live chat software is right for you? The answer, of course, depends on your needs. Each of the above ones is the best option to choose. Let us know which one do you using or decide to use after reading the blog.
Author Bio: Shifat Jaman is currently working as the content lead of ThemeXpert and has had prior experience in the content industry for almost three years. Regardless of writing web content, Shifat is very much good at sales page content and copywriting.