E-commerce software and platforms enable troubleshooting assistance for better website performance, convenient business running, and customer support service.
Such solutions also allow employees to automate many routine tasks, analyze results, and plan business activities accordingly. Some platforms have easy-to-use website builders that allow you to create an eCommerce site (e.g. an online storefront or marketplace) from scratch.
In this article, we’ll tell you what software and platforms are worth paying attention to, as well as what business needs they can cover.
If you are looking for a powerful content management system, HubSpot can become your indispensable solution. The online platform helps eCommerce businesses and IT teams reach their marketing and sales purposes, from tracking leads to beneficial integrations for building brand authority.
However, the most attractive aspect of HubSpot’s CMS Hub is that it can integrate with external services to help improve marketing strategies and more.
HubSpot is suitable for eCommerce businesses of absolutely any size, especially those looking for a balanced ratio of affordability and quality. The CMS is convenient, powerful, and flexible both for marketers and developers. If you want to know more about all HubSpot’s solutions and services though, it’s worth studying the official website with all products and price plans of the company. Moreover HubSpot offers a lot of integration useful for every business.
Benefits of HubSpot’s CMS Hub:
- Fully integrated CRM;
- SEO recommendations;
- Convenient drag-and-drop editor;
- Email marketing;
- Contact attribution reporting;
- Adaptive testing and analytics;
- Website templates, pre-built themes, emails;
- SEO and content strategy.
If you need to track your online store’s analytics to improve its performance, then Volusion can help you with that.
Volusion is an all-in-one eCommerce online selling platform that will be especially useful for those who sell products/services through multiple channels online. After all, this platform is able to consolidate sales in one place, thus simplifying the tracking process.
Volusion can be useful to eCommerce businesses due to the following features:
- Mobile-friendly themes. With Volusion, you can manage your store through your phone, which makes it much easier. Add image galleries, videos, testimonials, or other types of content;
- Wide range of features. Choose from a multitude of built-in features and available add-ons;
- Business growth. Volusion’s state-of-the-art SEO tools, social integrations, and reporting features make it easy to keep track of your online store development;
- Templates. Volusion offers both paid and free templates for online stores, which can be changed at any time, and do not worry about having to reconfigure your content. You can also choose from different expertly-designed website themes and customizable layouts.
As for price plans, users do not have to choose a paid plan right away. Initially, you can start a 14-day free trial and take advantage of an online store builder, eCommerce software, a marketing hub, and 24/7 support.
YoRent is a rental ecommerce software for entrepreneurs who want stores with both sales and rental functionalities. You can disable either of the two options anytime you want. However, if you do select Yo!Rent, along with all essential sales management features like order management and inventory management, you will also get rent-centric features like rental security management, booking calendar, rental agreement and late cancellations/returns.
Furthermore, what makes Yo!Rent truly powerful are its industry-specific designs, using which you can launch a business in diverse business niches.
Some advantages of using Yo!Rent ecommerce software are:
- Along with all the sales features, you get rental features as well, all in a single software.
- Yo!Rent scales along with business growth. You can add as many products, user profiles, admin accounts as you want and Yo!Rent will provide the same efficiency.
- It is a self-hosted solution, leaving the choice of a faster or more secure server up to you.
- Yo!Rent is also fully customizable and supports all popular third-party integrations for your convenience
- The software is available at a one-time cost. Use as much as you want, you will not need to pay for it again.
With that being said, Yo!Rent’s demos are made public and fully explorable. You can view them without providing any personal details or credit cards.
WooCommerce is one of the most popular customizable, scalable, and open-source eCommerce platforms based on WordPress. The main purpose of the company is to help businesses create quality WP business sites and complex and simple online stores from scratch.
You can build, customize, add features, extend functionality, and utilize official WooCommerce extensions from the Marketplace. Also, you can easily get secure payments and configurable shipping options for free. Thanks to the simplicity of management, the process does not require special training.
There are also marketing tools to help increase sales, and an analytics system to collect and analyze data about visitors to the site. If you’re a developer, you can integrate the system with virtually any service, add products, or extend your online store.
If you’re not sure where to start or need help with extending your online store, you can always consult a certified WooCommerce expert.
Magento is one of the top eCommerce platforms and an ideal solution for large and medium-sized businesses around the world. Despite its popularity, however, it’s worth understanding that inexperienced users may have problems working with it.
Based on open-source technology, the platform allows you to create several stores simultaneously and manage them from one place. It’s also easy to control the appearance, functionality, and content of your online store. The same goes for working with prices, i.e. reducing them or creating promotional offers on specific products.
Magento provides access to many useful extensions, tools, and features for:
- You (marketing, security, accounting, shipping, payments, SEO, and directory management tools);
- Your customers (client support).
For example, the latter can write reviews under the products they’ve bought and rate them.
Another valuable tool of the platform is its analytical capabilities, allowing you to track your customers’ behavior, the relevance of certain products/services, and more.
There is a free trial version, as well as packages with advanced features. However, the price tag for the latter can reach up to several thousand dollars per year.
Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that offers powerful and flexible right-out-of-the-box software for better customer service. The main goal of the company is to help businesses reach new heights through quality communication via different channels in one place.
A few advantages of Zendesk are as follows:
- Users can work through the customizable and scalable desktop version and mobile app;
- Zendesk software connects to the rest of your business easily;
- Includes built-in analytics tools and multiple support lines (chat, phone, email, social media, and more);
- Quality analysis of customer support, etc.
The cost of Zendesk services depends on the selected package and features. You can start with a trial version for free and see how your customers can get faster and more effective services.
Yo!Kart is a ready-made multi-vendor eCommerce software suitable for entrepreneurs looking to get into the eCommerce business niche. It helps to improve customer experiences by enabling online ordering, multiple payment options, and a seamless user interface. Yo!Kart improves your operational efficiency by digitizing your product catalogs.
The top-notch technology enables seamlessly managing operations, marketing promotions, and analytics while delivering fast and personalized shopping experiences for the customers. YoKart b2b ecommerce platform is a reliable option for automating your eCommerce business today and scaling effortlessly for the future.
- Fully Customizable & Scalable
- Shipping & Tax Management
- Pre-integrated Business APIs
- Cart Abandonment Alerts
- Refund/Return Management
- PWA Compliant
BigCommerce will be more suitable for businesses that need to empower their online growth. The platform provides expert eCommerce support and helps design/customize online stores with useful features. Thanks to the platform, you can extend your storefront’s functionality and build your brand by showcasing your products/services to customers in the right way.
Many business owners praise the Page Builder tool of the company. With it, they were able to launch their storefronts much easier as well as make the necessary changes without any coding skills.
BigCommerce allows you to create one-page checkouts for your customers, and the shopping cart recovery feature will help you win clients back.
The cost of the platform’s services depends on your company’s revenue. Thus, BigCommerce imposes a sales threshold limit on its price plans. To be fully confident in the relevance of their services, we recommend using the free 15-day version.
- Square Online
E-commerce can also be simplified by using Square Online, which is quite simple in its functionality but still a great option for those who don’t have much experience in building websites. And if the functions of the service will not be enough, you can always use the available integrations.
When using the platform for free, its capabilities will be limited. In addition, the free plan involves advertising Square Online on your web pages. In turn, if you get any of the paid packages, you will get access to:
- Unlimited storage;
- Domain customization features;
- Marketing opportunities,etc.
If you’re just getting started with your online store, then rest assured that Shopify is the best fit for your initial plans. It can be expensive for small businesses. Yet, the platform is easy to use and does not require any special coding skills from less tech-savvy people. Shopify allows you to:
- Customize the design of your store, use a variety of storefront themes (incl. 10 free themes) and over 1,200 plugins, including email pop ups, live chat, reviews, etc;
- Connect social networks for better sales;
- Manage your operations through a convenient mobile app, etc.
At the same time, users don’t have to worry about program updates, because Shopify is a cloud-based solution. Therefore, you can manage your own business anywhere and on any device.
The variety of online eCommerce platforms is always confusing: some are more suitable for large stores, others for small businesses or startups. To make the right choice, you need to consider your business needs now, considering your plans for the future. This way, you won’t have any problems with choosing the best eCommerce solution.
We hope that you were able to find suitable options on our list.