A webinar is one of the main tools of modern Internet marketing, allowing you to expand your client base and brand awareness, increase leads and sales, promote your business, form a successful company image, and much more.
If you decide to organize online courses, training, or business meetings online, then you first need to take care of reliable service for webinars and video conferencing. In this article, we will discuss the 5 most popular platforms in the webinar market. Take a closer look, and are sure that you will find the service that best fits your business needs.
These tools are safe and stable so you do not have to worry about outages and wasted time. They also offer high-quality video and a lot of extra features that will surely impress your clients. Some of the webinar tools on the list below may seem a little expensive, but most of them let you test them for free. We hope that this article will help you understand that investing in quality webinar software is worth every cent.
What Is a Webinar
A webinar is a web conference, seminar, presentation, meeting, training, or other event held online.
Experts believe that in the near future, webinar marketing will play a crucial role in the success of any kind of business. Already today, more than 60% of marketers use webinars in their strategy to promote products and services, noting the undeniable benefits of online conferences as follows:
- Remote format. To participate in a webinar, all you need is a laptop or mobile device with Internet access. Therefore, almost an unlimited number of people can join it simultaneously, regardless of their location. This allows you to significantly expand the reach of your target audience and communicate directly with interested participants without personal contact;
- Accessible content presentation. A webinar is a simulation of a live chat. Listeners see a real person in front of them, they can ask questions, comment, communicate with each other and with the speaker in the chat. This format generates the trust and loyalty of the audience. In addition, the presentation is usually accompanied by various demonstration materials. Slides, videos, tables, and interactive elements contribute to better perception and assimilation of information in comparison with text content;
- Minimal organizational costs. For conferences, training, or other offline events you need a premise to accommodate all comers, special equipment, accommodation for participants, etc. Webinar organizers are completely free of those. All you need is a reliable webinar service and a phone;
- High user engagement. According to statistics, about 70% of Internet users watch webinars related to their field. About 60% of participants check resources, suggested by the speaker, to get more information, 58% share the link to the resource with their colleagues, and about 35% order the promoted product/service.
The possibilities of online events are appreciated by many MLM (Multi-Level-Marketing) entrepreneurs who are increasingly using the popular tool in key business processes.
Main Webinar Service Features
Every webinar service is trying to stand out from the competition. Some offer the best tools to promote webinars, some surprise their users with a huge number of participants. In addition, there’s a set of mandatory features for each webinar service:
- Screen share feature;
- Webinar recording.
Top 5 Webinar Software in 2021
Our thorough research was mainly based on the benefits, features, reliability, pricing, and user feedback about the following services.
Zoom Video Webinars
Zoom allows you to register and set up a meeting in a few minutes, with a variety of pricing plans that can accommodate up to 50,000 attendees.
Zoom’s webinar platform has the power to integrate with a variety of services – you can hold meetings for up to 10,000 guests, although the participants can only watch the webinar. Zoom offers interesting features like a phone call before the start of the event.
The platform was originally a chat-and-call service, similar to Skype-like apps. However, many people use Zoom because of its simple and inexpensive webinar tool.
Zoom is often cited as the best tool for budget webinars, and we understand why. This webinar tool is free to use with some basic features, while a very affordable entry-level plan opens up access to other features you’ll find useful.
The control panel here is simple and functional, so Zoom is ideal for beginners and people who haven’t had much experience with webinars. That said, Zoom may not be the best solution for more complex presentations.
Nevertheless, Zoom is affordable, reliable, and provides excellent streaming quality.
- HD video and audio – great video quality with great audio capabilities that lets your audience see and hear you clearly;
- Up to 50,000 attendees – you can interact with up to 50,000 attendees and have up to 100 real-time panelists interacting with your audience.
- Reporting and analytics – get insights into the number of registrants/visitors and use surveys and Q&A;
- Live streaming integration – use custom service integrations such as YouTube Live and Facebook Live to share your event on social media;
- Organizer controls – decide who will serve as a speaker;
- Event support – plan and rehearse your events with Zoom’s team of professional consultants.
- Increase the number of attendees;
- Integrate with Outlook and Google Calendar;
- Divide participants into subgroups;
- Automatic webinar transcript that can be downloaded.
You can sign up with Zoom for free and use their basic personal meeting plan at no charge. However, if you want to take advantage of some of the great webinar features, you will have to sign up for one of Zoom’s paid plans.
Zoom Webinar paid plans allow for 100 of interactive video participants, in-webinar text chat, Q&As, polls, links to post-event surveys, and more. The price will depend on how many attendees your webinar hosts. The most affordable plan accommodates up to 100 attendees and costs $40 per month or $400 per year with an annual fee.
Paid plans are from $14.99/presenter, 100 participants, unlimited recording time to $19.99/presenter, 200 participants (100 speakers at least).
WebinarJam is a web hosting service that supports online webcasts, streaming video, and webinar options. This cloud-based platform helps host high-quality audio and video webinars with up to 5,000 participants, 6 speakers, and 4 hours in duration.
WebinarJam is one of the best alternatives to Zoom and GoToMeeting because of its easy setup and low prices. It has a number of great features you won’t find on any other webinar hosting platforms, e.g. the WJ Panic Button. The latter instantly transfers all of your speakers and attendees into a new live room if something goes wrong. Within 10 to 15 seconds, everyone will be ready to resume the broadcast right where you left it.
Like most webinar websites, WebinarJam also offers flexible scheduling and branded conference rooms. Plus, whiteboards, handouts, polls, and live chat to help keep participants engaged for a long time.
- The platform provides built-in chat and speaking opportunities for up to 6 presenters at a time;
- The Spotlight feature lets you invite any guest to a webinar, and the WYSIWYG visual editor lets you customize the style and branding of registration pages;
- Moderators can create and manage webinar registration pages using the editor;
- Sessions are streamed via Facebook Live and YouTube Live. The platform also supports integrations with third-party CRM, email, and shopping cart solutions, including ActiveCampaign, MailChimp, and Drip;
- Advanced schedule management, autoresponders, and reminders are also offered for the convenience of your audience;
- A replica option automates repetitive messages, and advanced analytics help you better understand your customers’ needs.
- WYSIWYG editor properties;
- Screen sharing;
- Feature set;
- Built-in chat;
- Advanced management of schedules, autoresponder, and reminders;
- Playback management;
- Ease of use;
- Supports integrations with third party CRM solutions;
- SMS and voice messaging.
Livestorm is a simple but powerful video communication tool that works in any browser or on any device without downloading any software.
Attendees can access your webinars on mobile devices or on computers with their chosen browser. Livestorm can easily help companies of all sizes host live webinars, online meetings, live product demonstrations, customer training sessions, online courses, and more. In addition, Livestorm also provides on-demand webinars, automated webinars, and scheduled meetings to meet a variety of needs.
With Livestorm, you can share your screen with your visitors to better present your content and interact with your audience. More importantly, your webinar will be automatically recorded with no storage restrictions. This is handy for those people who didn’t come to watch a replay of your webinar. That way, you don’t have to worry about missing a replay or not having enough storage space.
Livestorm is a webinar tool designed specifically for startups. A browser-based alternative to Gotowebinar with analytics, audience segmentation, and CRM integration, Livestorm helps small companies and startups make the most of their webinars.
The developers’ main mission is to make webinars easier and more efficient.
- Replay analytics;
- Real-time, reusable surveys;
- View and post without any downloads;
- Insert forms;
- Repeatable webinars;
- Live webinar broadcasts;
- Pre-recorded webinars.
- Ease of use – there’s no need to download and install anything;
- Better attendance – increase webinar attendance by +15%;
- Modern design – customize according to your brand;
- Easy integration – send data to any software and CRM.
You can try out Livestorm’s free plan to test the product. Their $99/month plan allows up to 100 people to participate in a webinar at a time.
Demio is first and foremost a low-cost webinar platform.
Just like with Livestorm, Demio doesn’t require you to download any software to enter a live room, which makes it an accessible service. The platform has tracking options that allow you to track attendees through the webinar interface, registration pages, and acknowledgement pages.
Demio includes public or private chat options, single sign-on for the entire webinar series, and is fully adaptable to any browser.
Event organizers can invite up to 15 event coordinators who have access to a microphone and webcam. There is the ability to view chats and moderate participants.
It also has a simple, intuitive interface that supports all types of events, including live broadcasts, event series, hybrid events, automated events, and recorded webinars.
Demio’s main drawback is the limited number of integration options. While it has an integration with Zapier that customers can use, it offers few formal integrations for popular software platforms.
The cost ranges from $49 to $239 per month, depending on the size of the webinar.
WebinarNinja positions itself as the “easy-to-use webinar solution” their customers have been looking for. Well-known B2B companies such as AppSumo, Baremetrics, Podia, and others use this marketing tool.
The main advantage of WebinarNinja is its simplicity. It is a versatile webinar system that creates customizable landing pages, participant messages, and the webinar template itself in less than ten seconds. You can also upload presentations directly into the software and embed YouTube videos to make the webinar more interesting.
It’s a reliable tool that acts as a one-stop platform, which means you don’t have to spend time and money to buy additional features. Some of WebinarNinja’s features include: Q&A, quizzes, surveys, screen sharing, and full integration with CRM, so it allows users to attract more leads.
In addition, the platform has the following features: subscriptions, webinar search, statistics, and analytics. All of the features are easy to use and useful for marketers.
WebinarNinja only offers forms for live webinars, not recurring events, with only minimal customization.
WebinarNinja will cost you between $49 and $249 per month for 1,000 participants. Their Pro plan is the most popular, costing $95 per month and allowing up to 300 attendees per webinar.
To choose the best webinar service, answer a few questions. What do you expect from the service? What purposes will you use it for? What is your budget? You can compare prices with the help of a summary table that we recommend you make. Service, free plan, price, maximum number of participants, and additional features.
If you plan to hold webinars with a small number of participants, for example, then feel free to use Livestorm. Zoom Meeting and WebinarJam will provide the maximum number of participants.
Of course, everyone has different requirements and what will be most important for one will be absolutely unimportant for the other. The choice is always all yours!