What is Responsive Web Design?
A responsive design (one that can optimize its look and ease of use on any device) is becoming essential to getting good search engine rankings and keeping them with Google. 25% of all internet users use the web exclusively with a mobile device. So, not being responsive/mobile friendly hurts your overall presence on Google Mobile rankings. In addition, responsive design will help you gain more conversions from customers who visit your site on mobile devices.
Why should I have a responsive site?
60% of Internet Access Is Mobile, and 90% of adults in the U.S. have a cell phone. 58% of which have a smartphone like an iPhone or an Android. People use their phones all the time! If your site is not responsive, your site is being hidden from millions of potential customers. On average, smartphone users check their devices 150 times a day. Some other interesting facts about smartphone users:
- 67% check their phone for messages, alerts, or calls — even when their phone is not sending an alert.
- 44% admitted to sleeping with their phone by their bed because they did not want to miss any calls, text messages, or social media updates while they were sleeping.
- 29% describe their phone as “something they can’t live without.”
Think about this for a moment? If smartphones are that entrenched into the everyday lives of our society, why WOULDN’T you want your site to be optimized for those devices?
What are some problems I will encounter if I do not convert my site to be responsive?
46% of people using mobile devices report having problems viewing a static site, which is defined as a non-responsive website that is only designed for a desktop computer. 44% of people surveyed claim that navigation was difficult on smaller devices when the site was designed for a desktop screen. All of these numbers tell us that if a customer has to pinch/zoom scroll left and right, or squint to see your site on a mobile device, chances are they do not buy from you. Do you really want to ask your customers to look at your desktop store design only 2 inches at a time on their smartphone? That is a HUGE problem that is easily solved by switching to a responsive design.
OK, so now that I know what responsive design is, and why its important, how does responsive design benefit me once I convert?
As of 2015, more people throughout the world will own a smartphone vs. a desktop computer. Mobile Design and Responsive Design is the future and the present of the internet and how you portray your business to the world.
Now, when you convert your design from old style (not responsive, looks the same on all types of screens and sizes), to the new style (responsive, changes and becomes optimized for the type of screen you are viewing from), you can expect all of these great benefits:
- You can offer a mobile design to your customers that looks like your store, but doesn’t force them to have to pinch and zoom to navigate your store. It optimized for the smaller browsers (i.e. iPhones, Samsungs) so that its very easy to read, scroll, and touch to add a product to cart and checkout.
- Responsive Design uses the current standard in HTML/CSS design, resulting in better SEO rankings on mobile devices, which can only increase traffic and conversions to your store.
- Your store’s “mobile view” will be considered “Mobile Friendly” in the eyes of Google. This is a BIG DEAL which results in better rankings on mobile devices.
- Because Responsive Design helps in all the ways above, it will also assist in increasing traffic and conversions for your business, specifically on the mobile side of things.
I am ready to get started. What do I need to do?
Your current design would be copied and rebuilt so that it becomes responsive on multiple devices. The look and feel of the store on a Desktop would have a minimal change, but would still be the design you currently use, but the mobile version (i.e. smartphones,tablets) would change for the better. They would become easier to use, look more like your store, and it would become much easier for your customers to complete a purchase on your store.
Can CoreCommerce do this for me?
Yes! For just $799, our team of designers will convert your existing design into a responsive design, so you can enjoy all the benefits it provides, as mentioned above.
How long does the process take?
The process of converting the design takes about 30-40 days to complete. We do not alter or touch the live site until the very end when you are ready for the new design to become the live design of the store.
Why should I do this now?
The holidays are fast approaching, and as we all know, it can be a stressful time for business owners. Why include the additional stress of wondering if you are losing sales due to your old, non-responsive theme on CoreCommerce, when you can have it converted now, and take advantage of the upgrade as soon as possible?1