The luxury e-commerce market is growing but requires a unique marketing strategy. In a recent interview, eMarketer offered some key points from a luxury marketing consultant that are valuable for any luxury e-commerce brand:
- Luxury consumers respond most to access versus promotion, particularly exclusive products.
- Products with a high price point will be well researched before making a purchase.
- Research is important in the sales process, with consumers checking an item as many as eight times before purchasing.
- Consistent branding across platforms and devices is crucial, especially as research is key in the sales process.
- Exclusivity is key with the luxury demographic.
Luxury marketing tips to keep in mind:
- Design plays a big role in marketing luxury items, from the tone of content to the font choice. These seemingly small branding points convey luxury.
- Keep your website simple and easy to navigate. For a luxury brand, high quality photos and images are extremely important so make them a focus on your site.
- Assess your website across devices to ensure branding is consistent.
- The color black is often used to communicate luxury in branding.
Other blog articles you’ll love: