If you want to succeed as a retailer, you will have much better chances if you start an eCommerce store. Online shopping is the future and by 2040, over 95% of all purchases will be made online. In this day and age, it’s almost impossible to find success if you run a brick-and-mortar shop.
But it’s also important to note that the eCommerce market is incredibly competitive. More and more online stores appear every day, and even though the number of digital shoppers keeps rising, eCommerce stores need to do certain things that will help them reach the top.
Here are a few pointers that will help you find success.
Create a Mobile App
There are currently 3.8 billion smartphone users in the world, and a lot of them use their phones to purchase products and services online. This makes sense since it’s more convenient for consumers. But while this is one of the main reasons why most eCommerce stores have mobile websites, this isn’t enough.
To provide your customers with the best possible experience, you need to create an app that will provide them with a personalized experience during their entire journey. But this isn’t the only reason why you need a mobile app.
Other benefits include:
- Increasing brand recognition. Since most people use their smartphones for multiple hours every day, your customers will interact with your brand much more than they would through regular advertisements or visiting your website.
- Improving customer loyalty. Most businesses that have mobile apps also have special loyalty programs and offers available only to those customers who use the app. When paired up with 24/7 support and an appealing design, it will increase loyalty and retention rates.
- Increasing conversions. One of the reasons why customers love online shopping is because it’s convenient, and you can increase that convenience with your app. And other mobile features such as push notifications and saving information also help with conversions.
- Increasing engagement. You can take advantage of mobile devices to increase engagement by integrating the phone’s features with your app. For instance, you can use the microphone for voice search and the GPS to fill out shipping details automatically.
Do Your SEO Right
As an eCommerce store owner, you wouldn’t have a business without a website. But just having a website won’t do much unless it’s optimized for search engines and comes up at the top of search results on Google.
There are many different SEO strategies you should apply, but one of those strategies not many people take into consideration is SEO hosting. This is a type of web hosting provided by SEO host services that increases your website’s searchability and guarantees a high-ranking position.
Your hosting provider will host your website on unique C-blocks of IP addresses, which allows multiple websites to be interlinked while being ranked independently. For this reason, SEO hosting works best for those that have multiple websites.
Build the Perfect Product Pages
One of the drawbacks of online shopping is that customers can’t physically see the products they want to buy. But you can take care of that by creating good product pages that will make them feel as if they are seeing the products in person.
However, you should be aware of product page dos and don’ts. You need to write detailed product descriptions that provide your customers with all of the information they need while highlighting the products’ benefits.
Make sure to include many product-driven keywords which will help you with search engine optimization. Your page titles, headers, as well as image alt texts also need to have targeted keywords so Google knows to show your website to the right people.
And don’t forget to include images because descriptions won’t mean anything without pictures. Those images need to be high-quality, taken from every angle, have the zoom option, and show the products in all available colors and variations.
Create Buyer Personas
Your products aren’t meant for everyone, and it’s important to know who’s willing to buy what you’re selling and who isn’t. You can distinguish these two groups by creating buyer personas that represent your ideal customers and show who you should focus on.
When you know your ideal customers, it will be much easier to create the best marketing strategies and establish the tone and voice of your eCommerce store. If you market to the wrong people, you won’t be able to make any sales and instead, you will just waste your time and money.
Here are a few things you need to know to better create buyer personas of your ideal customers:
- How familiar they are with your products;
- The social media platforms do they use most often;
- What kind of problems they are looking to solve with your products;
- If the product you’re selling will have an impact on their overall life;
- What items you can offer that your competitors can’t;
- If they make their own buying decisions;
- The type of communication channels they prefer.
Stepping into the world of eCommerce is a daunting experience. You need to find ways to attract the right people, stay ahead of competitors, follow trends, and do many more things just to keep your business afloat. But once you learn what it takes to succeed, everything will be much easier.