By definition, electronic commerce, also known as e-commerce, have enabled businesses to purchase and sell tangible goods, electronic products, or services over the internet. In turn, e-commerce has given rise to the emergence of countless online stores and shopping venues, making it easier for people to get what they need right from the comfort of their own homes.
E-commerce websites have become extremely popular with small and large businesses and the end-users who use them. With the advent of the internet and the evolution of technologies that allow accessibility to various products and services, the business world has moved away from brick-and-mortar storefronts. But with the rise of online shopping comes competition. If you have an online business, how can you stand out from a myriad of competitors? These three tips will help you outrank other online shops.
There are many strategies you can take advantage of to get ahead of your competitors. Here are a few tips to remember when digitally marketing your business:
- Claim Your Business
One of the easiest and no-cost ways to build your presence online is by creating a profile or claiming your business on Google My Business (GMB). While it may seem like a simple online directory listing, not creating and verifying your profile on GMB prevents your customers from learning more about your company. A Google My Business Profile is one of the digital marketing strategies that every company or organization shouldn’t overlook because:
- You could gain control of the information displayed in Google
- Your business could appear in Google Map searches
- You can monitor and respond to customer reviews
- Your GMB profile could boost your SEO rankings
Additionally, your GMB profile should contain relevant photos, videos, and updated contact information.
- Leverage The Power Of Social Media
Social media is a powerful tool for your business. It allows you to connect with new customers, stay connected to your clients long after a sale, and boost your brand’s presence. If you’re thinking about adding social media to your marketing plan, here are some of the best tips to help you get ahead:
- Get More Followers: You need to create and grow an online presence before you can successfully promote your brand. It’s essential to set up an appropriate profile on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other relevant social media networks. When setting up your page, remember to fill out your business name. Also, don’t forget to add relevant links to your website or blog. Build a strong foundation and you’re sure to get new and prospective followers on your social media profiles.
- Engage With Your Audience: Unlike traditional marketing, you can engage with customers and potential clients through social media. By connecting with people online, you’ll draw positive attention to your brand. Consider creating a group within your business profile if you think this could help you attract more followers.
- Boost Your SEO: Social media isn’t just for engaging with followers and building brand awareness. You can utilize your social media accounts to boost your ranking on search engine results pages. Publishing or sharing high-quality content on your social media accounts prompts your followers to share with their network. Valuable, relevant content too good not to share can increase positive mentions about your brand.
- Encourage User-Generated Content: A popular and active social media profile encourages your followers and prospective clients to post user-generated content which can be images, videos, and reviews. There are many advantages to generating user-generated content, including enhanced credibility, increased traffic and reach, as well as improving your understanding of your target market so you can provide better products and services.
- Invest In The Customer Experience
Another way to outrank your competitors is to make sure you’re taking the time to improve the usability of your website. In e-commerce, you have customers who don’t want to waste their time trying to understand everything your website has to offer. If your website is too complex for customers, they might close the browser window and move on to another company with simpler and easier-to-understand interfaces. Here’s how you can ensure an enjoyable user and customer experience:
- Use bold fonts. Users and customers will be able to see and find your goods faster.
- Provide simple dropdown menus and make supplies easy to find. Short menus with clear directions can lead potential clients to a purchase quicker.
- Inventory levels should be easy to find and updated often. The checkout process itself should be simple and quick.
Given the market and the increasing number of people who purchase goods online, you should consider which online marketing strategies you can use to outrank your e-commerce competitors. Aside from the suggestions above, you could also hire a reliable professional digital marketing agency to guide you in gaining online business success. With the right steps, you could outrank and stay ahead of your competitors.