February 8, 2013
Have you run out of inspiration on what to post on your blog? We all have at some point. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of ideas to get you inspired and back to writing great, engaging blogs. Here are a few ideas to help you think outside of the box!
- Read up on trends and news in your particular industry(apparel, e-commerce, etc) and look for inspiration there. Think of ways to link trends or news back to your product.
- Guest blogging is a great way to diversify your blog posts. Make a list of a few blogs you enjoy reading and reach out to the writers to see if they are interested in guest blogging.
- Share how you started your business, what inspired you and any obstacles you faced. This is a great way to connect with your customers and let them see a side of your business they haven’t experienced.
- Product features and comparisons are a good way to introduce new products to consumers and boost interest(and sales!).
- Incorporate a “lifestyle” element to your blog to generate more interest for readers and broaden the number of topics to write about. For example, if your online store sells kitchen accessories, branch out to include other associated topics of interest, such as recipes, cooking how-tos, DIY apron instructions, cookbook reviews and more.
- Introduce team members or staff that interact with the customers, if you have employees. Have them list five fun facts about themselves or even which products are their favorites and why.
Don’t forget to post links to your social media sites to let fans and followers know about your newest blog post. Happy blogging!